The Cooley Environmental And Health Group
The welcoming fire in the Strand Hotel, Omeath
THE ANNUAL WORKSHOP
One of the major events organised by the Cooley Environmental and Health Group is an annual winter workshop, usually in late January, on a selected theme. The first workshop was organised in 2001 as a Millennium event, and a Workshop been held each year subsequently. Each workshop has a number of guest speakers, but discussion is thrown open to the floor. The workshops are open to everyone, so please come along if you would like to contribute, or simply to learn.
Please follow the links below to read reports on some of the previous workshops:
- 2020 Workshop: Health and Environment: 20 Years On
- 2019 Workshop: The Health and Environmental Impact of Brexit on the Local Area
- 2018 Workshop: Mental Health Care in Louth 1918-2018 and Beyond.
- 2017 Workshop: Housing And Homelessness: Falling Through The Cracks
- 2016 Workshop: Water - Guaranteeing A Safe Supply
- 2015 Workshop: Leadership and Participation: Community Development and the Demise of Local Government
- 2014 Workshop: Sustainable Local Development In The Local Area
- 2013 Workshop: Peers In Progress
- 2012 Workshop: Suicide
- 2011 Workshop: Obesity
- 2010 Workshop: Back To Basics - A Plan For Survival
- 2008 Workshop: Anti-Social Behaviour
- Earlier Workshops / Complete List
THE 2021 WORKSHOP
The 2021 Workshop was cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic. No decision has been taken on the topic for the 2022 Workshop. Details will be displayed here when they become known.
THE 2020 WORKSHOP
The 2020 Winter Workshop was held on Saturday 25th January, 2020 at 2pm in the Strand Hotel, Omeath. This was the 20th annual workshop of the Cooley Environmental and Health Group so to mark the occasion the topic for the 2020 workshop was "The Environment and Health 20 Years On". A full report may be viewed here.
Geraldine Kieran, Liam Kieran, Anne Muldowney and Dermot Mooney at the 2015 Workshop